It's December already!
This year has gone SO fast!
Christmas is coming...
I always loved Christmas as a child, but now I always have mixed feelings. Christmas now is a reminder of another year past with no toys in the house. I want the excitement of Santa, screams, giggles, the whole works.
There are no children in our family. We don't really have many close relatives. I have my Mom and Dad (who are divorced and live in different cities), no siblings. Ken has his Mom, Dad and Sister. Ken's family lives on the other side of the country.
So as you can see, Christmas is pretty lonely and dull for us. We have actually skipped Christmas in the past, but usually we try and make it as special as we can. It's tough. We want more than anything to wake up to our kids freaking out that Santa had visited during the night. We want to spoil them (not rotten, of course) and have fun as a family. This is our fifth Christmas since we got married and it all seems so unfair. I know you can't always get everything exactly as you want, but come on!
Wish I had a rich uncle who could give me an IVF gift card in my stocking...
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Nikki--came over to your blog from Lady in Waiting.
Just wanted to wish you a well--I read back through your posts, and you definitely have been through some tough times.
I hope 2008 brings you MUCH joy! Ill check in to see how your journey is going=)
Post a Comment