Friday, December 21, 2007

Sad for my friend

I woke up for work this morning and got on the computer. I had an MSN message from my friend. She wrote to tell me that she had lost the baby. I said the right thing this time. I apologized and told her that we would talk soon.

I feel really bad for her as I know what it's like to lose a child, but at the same time my crazy Infertile brain is eased that this is over for now. Can't believe that I even admitted that... I do feel guilty.

Of course I want all my friends to be happy and have the things that they deserve. I'm definitely NOT happy that my friend is hurting.

I've been wondering all day what I could say to her that might make next time a little easier on me (I'm assuming they'll be trying again). I don't want her to feel like she can't tell me anything, but I do wish I could let her know how to tell me more gently, if that's even possible.

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Adriane said...

That is so sad for your friend. I don't really have any advice, but I think, especially with friends, honesty is best. It's so hard to put yourself in someone elses shoes, but if she knows how hurt you were, I'm sure she will modify her delivery next time.