We live about four hours from Vancouver. Vancouver equals fertility clinics. This is the second biggest challenge to IVF (first being $10,000).
My husband works very long hours. He is a truck driver, so he can't always come running, or even be reached. I work some pretty crazy hours myself. I work at 4am, Mon-Fri, and then I also work at 2:30pm on Mondays and Friday (also known as evil split-shift). I just started at my job a little over 2 months ago. My husband could take some time off if needed (if we could cover the lost income), but I work at a farm where there are very few employees and it's hard to arrange time off. I got a disappointed look when I said I needed a few days for surgery. So, when we get the money for IVF, I have a feeling I'll be forced to leave my job.
When we got married, we decided I would be a Stay-At-Home-Mom. After 4 years of feeling like a useless housewife, I decided to return to work. I needed something to do, to be a part of something. I was originally looking for manufacturing/factory jobs (I love labour! LOL) but on my job search journey, I came across a milking position at the local dairy farm. It was a little funny at first to think of myself milking cows (Okay, it's still a little funny! Hehe!), but then I became curious about the wage. I sent them an email with my resume and wage inquiry. Three weeks later, I was milking cows! I love it! I get to be around animals all day, I even care for the calves! They are just so darn cute. Anyways...
If I had a guarantee that I was coming home with a baby after our first IVF, I would gladly give up my job. But what if I have to leave my job and it doesn't work. I'll be sitting at home again.
I also wonder how many days we/I will have to be in Vancouver. Spending money on days you aren't making any is a tough combo. I wonder if I can get most of my monitoring here. I know I can get my bloodwork, but I'm pretty sure I can't get ultrasound. How many of those will I need?
All I do lately is think about IVF and how we're going to get there.
So many questions...
Monday, November 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hugs and hang in there.
Post a Comment