Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Long weekend with a backless gown?

Okay, first of all, sorry for not updating sooner.

I've been back at work for a week now and have an appointment this afternoon to see if my infection is all cleared up. I still feel a little drained but am definitely feeling a lot better.

So, I got a call from my OB/GYN's office this morning. They had an opening come up, so it looks like I'll be in surgery on Monday for my LAP. That is such SHORT notice. I'm freaking out a little. I've cleared it with my employer already and I'll have the two days following surgery to recover. They were originally going to have me in surgery on a Wednesday, so that I could have the rest of the week and the weekend to recover. I sure hope I feel okay by next Thursday!

I'm really curious to know what they will find. I don't think there will be anything too serious as I'm sure they would have seen it when I had surgery in Oct. '06. But, I also can't help but feel that this surgery is pointless. I know that I need IVF and it isn't in the near future. We can't try on our own since we've been advised against it. It just feels weird to have an IF related experience in the middle of this 'forced break'.

My minds a little blank, so if I find more to write, I'll come back later.

Hoping everything goes smoothly, I'm so freakin' scared of surgery!

2 comments:

Adriane said...

That really was short notice! At least you were able to get it cleared with work. I am scared of surgery, too! Hope it goes well!!!

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Ugh. But maybe short notice is better - less time to panic about it. For me, anticipation is often the worst. But I hear you. It is scary. Remember, though, that these types of surgeries are done all the time and that you will be relieved once it is over.

Good luck!!

XOXO